W.C. Handy at the Library of Congress, 1938

  • john schott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      Two weeks before he began recording Jelly Roll Morton, Lomax recorded twelve
      sides of
      W.C. Handy, speaking, singing and playing guitar (!).
      (L of C, May 9, 1938 Washington DC)

      How can I hear these?

      dutiful acknowledgement of new year,

      John Schott
      Berkeley, CA

    • Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        John: My copy of the Handy material was issued on an lp from DRG
        Records, SL 5192. It was copyrighted 1980 under license from A.S.
        Barnes and Co. The album name: W.C. Handy Father of the Blues (A
        Musical Autobiography)

        MartinJ