Re: [RedHotJazz] Bessie Smith "I'd Rather Be Dead and Buried in My Grave" mastering

  • Robert Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2006
      I've just finished investigating why my MP3 ran longer than your version.
      The truth of the matter is that the track on LP ran for 3:02, but the
      Audacity clock ran 7.9% too fast thus making the record run for 3:21 instead
      of 3:06 (including the four seconds silence). This has only just happened,
      so I've got to investigate this strange state of affairs.

      The sleeve notes state that the track is 2:54 long, so it looks as though I
      must check my turntable speed, something I've not done for some time.

      Kind Regards

      Bob