Re: Plugs

  • Robert Greenwood
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
      Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
      workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
      generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
      Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
      about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
      couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart is
      not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
      duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
      Hurlingham.
      Robert G.

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@...>
      wrote:

      > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things come
      around again.

    • Robert Greenwood
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2006
        Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White Hart
        in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
        who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
        outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
        the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
        Robert Greenwood

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
        <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

        > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
        > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
        > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
        > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
        > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
        > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
        is
        > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
        > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
        > Hurlingham.
        > Robert G.
        >

        > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
        come
        > around again.

      • Stuart MacBeth
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 14, 2006
          Hello

          I am very excited by this!!! Sadly no-one seems to advertise these performances, or am I missing something? I would hitch from Inverness to hear Wally Fawkes!! Would also be very glad to compile a list of performances hot music fans would like to go to in the uk

          Robert Greenwood <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:
          Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White Hart
          in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
          who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
          outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
          the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
          Robert Greenwood

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
          <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

          > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
          > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
          > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
          > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
          > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
          > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
          is
          > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
          > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
          > Hurlingham.
          > Robert G.
          >

          > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
          come
          > around again.

        • Ron L
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 14, 2006
            Well, if the performer or club makes the effort to submit the information,
            the "Mississippi Rag" publishes it. Up until two months ago, they were a
            monthly newspaper style publication. Starting in January they will be an
            on-line publication.

            Ron L

            I am very excited by this!!! Sadly no-one seems to advertise these
            performances, or am I missing something? I would hitch from Inverness to
            hear Wally Fawkes!! Would also be very glad to compile a list of
            performances hot music fans would like to go to in the uk

            Robert Greenwood <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:
            Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White
            Hart
            in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
            who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
            outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
            the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
            Robert Greenwood

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
            <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

            > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
            > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
            > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
            > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
            > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
            > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
            is
            > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
            > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
            > Hurlingham.
            > Robert G.
            >

            > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
            come
            > around again.

            Yahoo! Groups Links