Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Plugs

  • Hugh Crozier
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
      Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things come around again.

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
        Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
        workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
        generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
        Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
        about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
        couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart is
        not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
        duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
        Hurlingham.
        Robert G.

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@...>
        wrote:

        > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things come
        around again.

      • Robert Greenwood
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2006
          Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White Hart
          in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
          who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
          outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
          the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
          Robert Greenwood

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
          <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

          > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
          > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
          > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
          > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
          > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
          > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
          is
          > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
          > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
          > Hurlingham.
          > Robert G.
          >

          > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
          come
          > around again.

        • Stuart MacBeth
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 14, 2006
            Hello

            I am very excited by this!!! Sadly no-one seems to advertise these performances, or am I missing something? I would hitch from Inverness to hear Wally Fawkes!! Would also be very glad to compile a list of performances hot music fans would like to go to in the uk

            Robert Greenwood <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:
            Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White Hart
            in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
            who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
            outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
            the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
            Robert Greenwood

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
            <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

            > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
            > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
            > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
            > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
            > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
            > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
            is
            > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
            > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
            > Hurlingham.
            > Robert G.
            >

            > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
            come
            > around again.

          • Ron L
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 14, 2006
              Well, if the performer or club makes the effort to submit the information,
              the "Mississippi Rag" publishes it. Up until two months ago, they were a
              monthly newspaper style publication. Starting in January they will be an
              on-line publication.

              Ron L

              I am very excited by this!!! Sadly no-one seems to advertise these
              performances, or am I missing something? I would hitch from Inverness to
              hear Wally Fawkes!! Would also be very glad to compile a list of
              performances hot music fans would like to go to in the uk

              Robert Greenwood <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:
              Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White
              Hart
              in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
              who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
              outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
              the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
              Robert Greenwood

              --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
              <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

              > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
              > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
              > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
              > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
              > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
              > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
              is
              > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
              > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
              > Hurlingham.
              > Robert G.
              >

              > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
              come
              > around again.

              Yahoo! Groups Links