Re: Plugs

  • Robert Greenwood
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
      While we are getting in plugs, Wally Fawkes and Doug Murray play every
      Tuesday evening between 6.00 and 9.00 pm at the White Hart in Drury
      Lane. They are joined every other week by John Chilton on trumpet.
      Robert Greenwood.
    • Hugh Crozier
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
        Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things come around again.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
          Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
          workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
          generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
          Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
          about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
          couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart is
          not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
          duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
          Hurlingham.
          Robert G.

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@...>
          wrote:

          > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things come
          around again.

        • Robert Greenwood
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2006
            Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White Hart
            in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
            who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
            outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
            the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
            Robert Greenwood

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
            <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

            > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
            > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
            > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
            > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
            > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
            > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
            is
            > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
            > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
            > Hurlingham.
            > Robert G.
            >

            > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
            come
            > around again.

          • Stuart MacBeth
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 14, 2006
              Hello

              I am very excited by this!!! Sadly no-one seems to advertise these performances, or am I missing something? I would hitch from Inverness to hear Wally Fawkes!! Would also be very glad to compile a list of performances hot music fans would like to go to in the uk

              Robert Greenwood <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:
              Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White Hart
              in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
              who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
              outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
              the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
              Robert Greenwood

              --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
              <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

              > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
              > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
              > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
              > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
              > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
              > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
              is
              > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
              > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
              > Hurlingham.
              > Robert G.
              >

              > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
              come
              > around again.

            • Ron L
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 14, 2006
                Well, if the performer or club makes the effort to submit the information,
                the "Mississippi Rag" publishes it. Up until two months ago, they were a
                monthly newspaper style publication. Starting in January they will be an
                on-line publication.

                Ron L

                I am very excited by this!!! Sadly no-one seems to advertise these
                performances, or am I missing something? I would hitch from Inverness to
                hear Wally Fawkes!! Would also be very glad to compile a list of
                performances hot music fans would like to go to in the uk

                Robert Greenwood <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:
                Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White
                Hart
                in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
                who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
                outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
                the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
                Robert Greenwood

                --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
                <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

                > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
                > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
                > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
                > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
                > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
                > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
                is
                > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
                > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
                > Hurlingham.
                > Robert G.
                >

                > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
                come
                > around again.

                Yahoo! Groups Links