Re: Singin' The Blues (Till My Daddy Comes Home)

  • Albert Haim
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      From Brian Rust's Jazz Records 2002 edition

      Adrian Rollini and His Orchestra. Jan 7, 1938

      Johnny McGhee-t/Paul Ricci-cl/Adrian Rollini-bsx/Al Duffy-vn/Jack
      Russin-p/Frank Victor-g/Harry Clark-sb/Buddy Rich-d/Pat Hoke-v
      New York, January 7, 1938
      63139-A Singin' the Blues Dec 1973, Y-5282, Voc S-191
      63140-A The Sweetest Story Ever Told -vPH Dec 1973, Y-5282

      Albert

      ---- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Jastram" <mister_j@...>

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        These two sides have recently been reissued in fine sound on a Retrieval CD, "Adrian Rollini 1937-38". Hoke also sings on "Singin' the Blues" - in fact you can hear this on the sample available via Amazon (at least the German site).

        Michael Rader

        Karlsruhe, Germany