[RedHotJazz] Singin' The Blues (Till My Daddy Comes Home)

  • Jeffrey Jastram
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      Thanks for correcting the trombonist information on Singin' The Blues. I
      had Bill Rank on my two copies. I also have the above-captioned record by
      Adrian Rollini And His Orchestra (Decca 1973 A/63139) which has a vocal
      (purportedly) by Pat Hoke which I believe was recorded in January 1938.
      The flip is The Sweetest Story Ever Told (Decca 1973 B/63140). Can anyone
      give me the personnel and recording dates?

      Thanks, Jeff.

      Jeff Jastram
      1279 Springfield Street
      Suite 222
      Upland, California
      USA 91786
      mister_j@...
    • Albert Haim
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        From Brian Rust's Jazz Records 2002 edition

        Adrian Rollini and His Orchestra. Jan 7, 1938

        Johnny McGhee-t/Paul Ricci-cl/Adrian Rollini-bsx/Al Duffy-vn/Jack
        Russin-p/Frank Victor-g/Harry Clark-sb/Buddy Rich-d/Pat Hoke-v
        New York, January 7, 1938
        63139-A Singin' the Blues Dec 1973, Y-5282, Voc S-191
        63140-A The Sweetest Story Ever Told -vPH Dec 1973, Y-5282

        Albert

        ---- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Jastram" <mister_j@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
          These two sides have recently been reissued in fine sound on a Retrieval CD, "Adrian Rollini 1937-38". Hoke also sings on "Singin' the Blues" - in fact you can hear this on the sample available via Amazon (at least the German site).

          Michael Rader

          Karlsruhe, Germany