Lil "Brown Gal" Armstrong and her Allstar Band - 2 Songs Added

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 1:46 PM
      I've added Confessin' and East Town Boogie to:

      http://www.redhotjazz.com/lilallstar.html
      Both tunes are pretty good. Lil Armstrong is under rated in my opinion but this often happens to women with famous husbands. Speaking of her famous husband, Louis Armstrong recorded Confessin' twice. The first time was in 1930 http://www.redhotjazz.com/sebastian.html when he and Lil were still married and then again a year after their divorce in 1939 http://www.redhotjazz.com/lao.html

      On Lil's 1945 version of the song it is Jonah Jones playing the trumpet.

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com