Re: [RedHotJazz] The Music of Coney Island

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      Ted Lewis was playing at the College Cabaret at Coney Island circa 1915.

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com
    • alfzampi
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21 11:21 AM
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Robbins"
        <coneyislandtodd@...> wrote:

        > I am working on a project of trying to document the live music
        scene in
        > Coney Island NY. I know that the ODJB played there as well as
        members
        > of the Memphis Five. I also know a bit about Jimmy Durante and
        some of
        > the ragtime music that was played there. Anything that can be
        added
        > would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Todd Robbins

        Hi Todd
        Phil Napoleon was my Uncle.He had I beleive four brothers.His brother
        Teddy was my Grandfather.He was a drummer.I know he played at Coney
        Island and Rockaway playlands in the 1940'My Uncle Marty's sons
        played with Louie Armstrong & Gene Krupa.Jimmie Durante also was with
        my Uncles band.I would like more info if you have anthing more?
        Thanks
        Al Zampieri tel 302-841-4155