Re: obituary

  • loerchen2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      Fano Leon Roppolo passed away yesterday morning. He was the oldest grandson of Leon Roppolo, and remembered (as a very small child) hearing Rapp play one of his last gigs at a local hotel in 1943.

      He had been telling me some great family stories for the bio I am writing about Rapp; I just saw him the week before Thanksgiving, and he was doing quite well. His death was rather sudden, although he had been recently diagnosed with cancer.

      Fano was the keeper of Rapp's legacy, but unfortunately, his home and its contents were destroyed in Hurricane Katrina and the flooding. One of Rapp's instruments was stolen from the flooded house, and I bet the thief had no idea who it had belonged to.

      In sadness,
      Sue