Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: who played trombone on Bix Singin the blues?

  • Mauro Porro
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      For sure it was Miff Mole playing trombone in "Singin' The Blues"

      Mauro

      Albert Haim <alberthaim@...> ha scritto:
      1. "Trombonist in Singin' the Blues." Two independent sources tell us
      that Miff Mole is the trombonist. The documentation is found in
      http://www.bixbeiderbecke.com/melodymakerrank.html
      http://www.bixbeiderbecke.com/rhythmjuly1939p1.html
      This was discussed extensively in the Bixography Forum.

      2. Drummer in "Take Your Tomorrow." Drummer is, believe it or not,
      Lennie Hayton. A couple of years ago, I published an article entitled
      "The Drummers in the Recordings of Frank Trumbauer and His Orchestra
      and of Bix Beiderbecke and His Gang, 1927-1929: An Anomaly and a
      Hypothesis." in the IAJRC Journal. The article (minus images) can be
      read in
      http://bixography.com/bixdrummers.html

      Albert

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "domingowarner" <domingowarner@...>