Hi ya

  • Lilly Passmore
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      I love RedHotJazz... Thanks for the information on sites and books. Today,I had a hefty somewhat arduous drive from Quebec, through heavy snow. However what made the trip and my grip on the stirring wheel looser was that I found an obscure radio station from the States that I normally wouldn't have picked up on my FM dial. The whole show was on Fats Waller and how at times his humour was misunderstood. The commentators and radio hosts played some pieces I had never heard before; Christopher Columbus; as an example. It was wonderful to hear Fats talking voice as always but more delightful to discover something I had never heard of his before... in addition to different renditions of the pieces he played. I cannot pretend to know a lot about jazz that is why I thought I would join this group however, I know what I like. I have pretty well sang music all my life and was very little when I heard some of the great artist played by my relatives...however, I was to little to
      know who they were...although I would mimic the voices I heard. Unfortunately some of my cousins used the old recordings as skeet shooting one day and I never saw nor heard these wonderful recordings again.

      Thank you

      Nut xx