who played trombone on Bix Singin the blues?

  • domingowarner
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      i want to know if it was Bill Rank or Miff Mole who played tb on Singin
      the blues,also on a source i read it says Chauncey Morehouse played
      drums on Take your tomorrow and other melody recorded that day with the
      Frankie Trumbauer Orchestra.It was so? IF NOT, WHO PLAYED THE DRUMS
      REALLY?
    • Albert Haim
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        1. "Trombonist in Singin' the Blues." Two independent sources tell us
        that Miff Mole is the trombonist. The documentation is found in
        http://www.bixbeiderbecke.com/melodymakerrank.html
        http://www.bixbeiderbecke.com/rhythmjuly1939p1.html
        This was discussed extensively in the Bixography Forum.

        2. Drummer in "Take Your Tomorrow." Drummer is, believe it or not,
        Lennie Hayton. A couple of years ago, I published an article entitled
        "The Drummers in the Recordings of Frank Trumbauer and His Orchestra
        and of Bix Beiderbecke and His Gang, 1927-1929: An Anomaly and a
        Hypothesis." in the IAJRC Journal. The article (minus images) can be
        read in
        http://bixography.com/bixdrummers.html

        Albert

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "domingowarner" <domingowarner@...>
        wrote:

        > i want to know if it was Bill Rank or Miff Mole who played tb on Singin
        > the blues,also on a source i read it says Chauncey Morehouse played
        > drums on Take your tomorrow and other melody recorded that day with the
        > Frankie Trumbauer Orchestra.It was so? IF NOT, WHO PLAYED THE DRUMS
        > REALLY?

      • Mauro Porro
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
          For sure it was Miff Mole playing trombone in "Singin' The Blues"

          Mauro