Everybody don´t know / Lily of the valley

  • Ingemar Wågerman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      "Everybody don´t know" = first strain of the New Orleans jazz standard tune
      "Lily of the valley" was recorded by Rev F.W. Gates in 1930. The next
      recording I know was by Paul Barbarin in 1951. Nothing between those dates??
      The verse ("Everybody don´t know / who Jesus is") is almost the same as "O
      Happy Day", but what is the origin of the chorus melody ("He´s the lily of
      the valley...")?

      Ingemar Wagerman, Gota River Jazzmen, Gothenburg, Sweden
      http://listen.to/gotariver
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
        on 30/11/06 16:30, Ingemar Wågerman at gota_river@... wrote:

        >"Everybody don´t know" = first strain of the New Orleans jazz standard tune
        >"Lily of the valley" was recorded by Rev F.W. Gates in 1930.

        You mean Rev. F.W. McGee I think!