Re: NEW KING OLIVER REISSUE

  • davidsager1958
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 10, 2006
      Hello Friends,

      John R. T. told someone...I cannot recall who it was now, that both
      King Jazz and Retrieval were from the same tapes. I agree that the
      Retrieval set sounds better than the King Jazz.

      I'll never forget the one time I visited John and he played me the
      tape of his restoration of Oliver's "Mandy Lee Blues" -- it was
      thrilling! He was a brilliant man.

      David

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "spacelights" <spacelights@...>