Re: [RedHotJazz] John R.T. Davies deafness?

  • Hugh Crozier
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2006
      Ironically enough I spoke to JRT by phone when I was tracing his boxed Armstrong set. I mentioned in passing the quality of his Oliver reissues, and especially the fact that the second cornet comes through so clearly. I was surprised that he did not think there was anything of particular note about the Olivers. Many people I spoke to at the time the Oliver double CD was issued were as struck as I was by the high quality, but to JRT they were simply reissues using more modern equipment.

      And, yes, he did say that reissues should happen every 10 years or so, so there may well be some merit in a reissue now.

      Hugh Crozier