Re: Lillie Delk Christian

  • stewmclean
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
      I listened to the other 7 numbers with Her and your right<G>.
      Without Louis helping Her along it's just not the same.
      Stewart
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Leif R. Blom" <yarel41@...>
      wrote:

      > stewmclean <stewmclean@...> wrote: I have uploaded the
      other track and would like to know
      > the name of this song.I assume it's Lillie Delk Christian singing
      > again.
      > many thanks for any help. Stewart
      >
      > As I can see, we have already got eight numbers with Lilly Delk
      > and Louis ArmstrongĀ“s Hot Four on The RHJA.
      > Search for Lilly Delk and you get them.
      >
      > Yarel 41
      >

      > _AsAs I can see_._,_.___ Reply (via web post) | Start a new
      topic
      > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

      > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
      Switch format to Traditional

      > Recent Activity
      >
      > 5
      > New Members
      >
      > 2
      > New Files
      >
      > Visit Your Group
      >
      > Jazz music
      > Jazz
      > Jazz music online
      > Jazz music theory
      > Jazz music cd
      >
      > Shop and Save
      > Yahoo! Shopping
      > Compare prices and
      > find great deals.
      >
      > Yahoo! News
      > Movies News
      > All the latest
      > on films and stars
      >
      > Yahoo! TV
      > Staying in tonight?
      > Check listings to
      > see what is on.
      >

      > .

    • Albert Haim
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
        Hello Mates,

        "Too Busy" is one of my favorite tunes. Charlie Straight's versions
        (two, one with a vocal and one without) are fantastic. There are also
        excellent versions by the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks and by the Clicquot
        Club Eskimos (with an interpolation of "Berceuse de Jocelyn.") The
        Lillie Delk Christian version with Louis and his Hot Four has a great
        scatting by Louis behind the vocal by Lillie. Would it be correct to
        describe what Louis does as a "vocal obbligato"? Obbligatos are mostly
        played on trumpet or reeds behind a vocal.

        Albert