Re: [RedHotJazz] Lillie Delk Christian

  • Leif R. Blom
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
      stewmclean <stewmclean@...> wrote: I have uploaded the other track and would like to know
      the name of this song.I assume it's Lillie Delk Christian singing
      again.
      many thanks for any help. Stewart

      As I can see, we have already got eight numbers with Lilly Delk
      and Louis Armstrong´s Hot Four on The RHJA.
      Search for Lilly Delk and you get them.

      Yarel 41

      _AsAs I can see_._,_.___ Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
      Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

      Recent Activity

      5
      New Members

      2
      New Files

      Visit Your Group

      Jazz music
      Jazz
      Jazz music online
      Jazz music theory
      Jazz music cd

      Shop and Save
      Yahoo! Shopping
      Compare prices and
      find great deals.

      Yahoo! News
      Movies News
      All the latest
      on films and stars

      Yahoo! TV
      Staying in tonight?
      Check listings to
      see what is on.

      .

    • Hugh Crozier
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        The tune I have heard is 'You're a Real Sweetheart'. Armstrong's Hot 4 is the accompaniment.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          Many thanks Leif.
          I'll see what I can order on line.
          Stewart
          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@...>
          wrote:

          > The tune I have heard is 'You're a Real Sweetheart'. Armstrong's
          Hot 4 is the accompaniment.

          Switch format to Traditional

          > Recent Activity
          >
          > 5
          > New Members
          >
          > 2
          > New Files
          >
          > Visit Your Group
          >
          > Jazz music
          > Jazz
          > Jazz music online
          > Jazz music theory
          > Jazz music cd
          >
          > Shop and Save
          > Yahoo! Shopping
          > Compare prices and
          > find great deals.
          >
          > Yahoo! News
          > Movies News
          > All the latest
          > on films and stars
          >
          > Yahoo! TV
          > Staying in tonight?
          > Check listings to
          > see what is on.
          >
          > .

          http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

        • stewmclean
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
            I listened to the other 7 numbers with Her and your right<G>.
            Without Louis helping Her along it's just not the same.
            Stewart
            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Leif R. Blom" <yarel41@...>
            wrote:

            > stewmclean <stewmclean@...> wrote: I have uploaded the
            other track and would like to know
            > the name of this song.I assume it's Lillie Delk Christian singing
            > again.
            > many thanks for any help. Stewart
            >
            > As I can see, we have already got eight numbers with Lilly Delk
            > and Louis Armstrong´s Hot Four on The RHJA.
            > Search for Lilly Delk and you get them.
            >
            > Yarel 41
            >

            > _AsAs I can see_._,_.___ Reply (via web post) | Start a new
            topic
            > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

            > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
            Switch format to Traditional

            > Recent Activity
            >
            > 5
            > New Members
            >
            > 2
            > New Files
            >
            > Visit Your Group
            >
            > Jazz music
            > Jazz
            > Jazz music online
            > Jazz music theory
            > Jazz music cd
            >
            > Shop and Save
            > Yahoo! Shopping
            > Compare prices and
            > find great deals.
            >
            > Yahoo! News
            > Movies News
            > All the latest
            > on films and stars
            >
            > Yahoo! TV
            > Staying in tonight?
            > Check listings to
            > see what is on.
            >

            > .

          • Albert Haim
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
              Hello Mates,

              "Too Busy" is one of my favorite tunes. Charlie Straight's versions
              (two, one with a vocal and one without) are fantastic. There are also
              excellent versions by the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks and by the Clicquot
              Club Eskimos (with an interpolation of "Berceuse de Jocelyn.") The
              Lillie Delk Christian version with Louis and his Hot Four has a great
              scatting by Louis behind the vocal by Lillie. Would it be correct to
              describe what Louis does as a "vocal obbligato"? Obbligatos are mostly
              played on trumpet or reeds behind a vocal.

              Albert