Lillie Delk Christian

  • stewmclean
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2006
      I have uploaded the other track and would like to know
      the name of this song.I assume it's Lillie Delk Christian singing
      again.
      many thanks for any help. Stewart
    • Leif R. Blom
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        stewmclean <stewmclean@...> wrote: I have uploaded the other track and would like to know
        the name of this song.I assume it's Lillie Delk Christian singing
        again.
        many thanks for any help. Stewart

        As I can see, we have already got eight numbers with Lilly Delk
        and Louis Armstrong´s Hot Four on The RHJA.
        Search for Lilly Delk and you get them.

        Yarel 41

        _AsAs I can see_._,_.___ Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
        Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

        Recent Activity

        5
        New Members

        2
        New Files

        Visit Your Group

        Jazz music
        Jazz
        Jazz music online
        Jazz music theory
        Jazz music cd

        Shop and Save
        Yahoo! Shopping
        Compare prices and
        find great deals.

        Yahoo! News
        Movies News
        All the latest
        on films and stars

        Yahoo! TV
        Staying in tonight?
        Check listings to
        see what is on.

        .

      • Hugh Crozier
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          The tune I have heard is 'You're a Real Sweetheart'. Armstrong's Hot 4 is the accompaniment.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
            Many thanks Leif.
            I'll see what I can order on line.
            Stewart
            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@...>
            wrote:

            > The tune I have heard is 'You're a Real Sweetheart'. Armstrong's
            Hot 4 is the accompaniment.

            Switch format to Traditional

            > Recent Activity
            >
            > 5
            > New Members
            >
            > 2
            > New Files
            >
            > Visit Your Group
            >
            > Jazz music
            > Jazz
            > Jazz music online
            > Jazz music theory
            > Jazz music cd
            >
            > Shop and Save
            > Yahoo! Shopping
            > Compare prices and
            > find great deals.
            >
            > Yahoo! News
            > Movies News
            > All the latest
            > on films and stars
            >
            > Yahoo! TV
            > Staying in tonight?
            > Check listings to
            > see what is on.
            >
            > .

            http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

          • stewmclean
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
              I listened to the other 7 numbers with Her and your right<G>.
              Without Louis helping Her along it's just not the same.
              Stewart
              --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Leif R. Blom" <yarel41@...>
              wrote:

              > stewmclean <stewmclean@...> wrote: I have uploaded the
              other track and would like to know
              > the name of this song.I assume it's Lillie Delk Christian singing
              > again.
              > many thanks for any help. Stewart
              >
              > As I can see, we have already got eight numbers with Lilly Delk
              > and Louis Armstrong´s Hot Four on The RHJA.
              > Search for Lilly Delk and you get them.
              >
              > Yarel 41
              >

              > _AsAs I can see_._,_.___ Reply (via web post) | Start a new
              topic
              > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

              > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
              Switch format to Traditional

              > Recent Activity
              >
              > 5
              > New Members
              >
              > 2
              > New Files
              >
              > Visit Your Group
              >
              > Jazz music
              > Jazz
              > Jazz music online
              > Jazz music theory
              > Jazz music cd
              >
              > Shop and Save
              > Yahoo! Shopping
              > Compare prices and
              > find great deals.
              >
              > Yahoo! News
              > Movies News
              > All the latest
              > on films and stars
              >
              > Yahoo! TV
              > Staying in tonight?
              > Check listings to
              > see what is on.
              >

              > .

            • Albert Haim
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
                Hello Mates,

                "Too Busy" is one of my favorite tunes. Charlie Straight's versions
                (two, one with a vocal and one without) are fantastic. There are also
                excellent versions by the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks and by the Clicquot
                Club Eskimos (with an interpolation of "Berceuse de Jocelyn.") The
                Lillie Delk Christian version with Louis and his Hot Four has a great
                scatting by Louis behind the vocal by Lillie. Would it be correct to
                describe what Louis does as a "vocal obbligato"? Obbligatos are mostly
                played on trumpet or reeds behind a vocal.

                Albert