Upon thinking again

  • Peter L. Reid
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2006
      Perhaps I should have waited before I compared Oscar Celestin with
      sounding like I thought Buddy Bolden may have. Playing some 1940 Jelly
      tracks today and another NO born (Algiers) and bred springs into contention
      for me, Henry "Red" Allen. He plays a powerful trumpet. I reckon he could
      have been heard quite easily from blocks away.
      Peter L.

      "Oxen and wain-ropes would not bring me back
      again to that accursed island; and the worst
      dreams that ever I have are when I hear the surf
      booming about its coasts or start upright in bed
      with the sharp voice of Captain Flint still ringing
      in my ears: "Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!"

      "Treasure Island" - 1883