Re: New Wilbur Sweatman CD

  • David N. Lewis
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21 8:02 PM
      Don't look now, but Archeophone has one coming out also, according to
      the Albany New release listing for April.

      Tim Gracyk was going to issue a Sweatman CD some years sgo, but he
      told me in 2001 that he'd decided he didn't want to put his family
      through the hardship of the cost of such a project and/or the
      possible fallout from any legal complication that might arise.

      Uncle Dave

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Scott Alexander <scott@t...> wrote:
      > I'm glad to hear about the Oracle CD. Who would have believed that
      44
      > years after his death Wilbur Sweatman would receive such
      attention? He
      > has been overlooked for too long. Coincidently I ran across a
      picture of
      > Sweatman that I had not seen before this weekend. I was researching
      Gene
      > Greene by looking through Variety magazine on microfilm when I came
      > across it. Sweatman was doing well enough in December of 1912 to
      place a
      > Christmas and New Years greeting with a photo of himself in
      Variety.
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/wswjssbnd.html