Frog Records

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15 12:44 AM
      Hi,

      I thought you all might be interested to know that Frog records has just released its first production since the passing of David French:
      DGF56 Perry Bradford:I Ain’t Gonna Play No Second Fiddle. 25 tracks from Bradford’s Jazz Phools, Gulf Coast Seven, Mary Jackson, Original Jazz Hounds, Laura Smith and Perry Bradford & His Gang.

      There are several other CDs from Frog in the pipeline and likely to be released soon:
      - A Clarence Williams tying up some loose ends, like the 1934 Alabama Jug Band.
      - The Birmingham Babies, one of the California Ramblers small groups.
      - Django Reinhardt Volume 3.

      I saw the first item advertised by Red Lick Records, but have also been told it is available by John Capes, who writes notes for Frog's booklets. If you are interested and have any difficulty in obtaining it, you can try Dawn Leppard, who is now running the label, directly via their website (www.frogrecords.co.uk).

      Timeless is also issuing a Perry Bradford CD which complements the Frog. This includes the two sides with Louis Armstrong, which are the only Armstrong sides except for Blues accompaniments not to have been reissued in new transfers by John R.T. Davies. I have been told that this is already available, but Timeless does not yet sell it via its web site and it has not been announced by any of the "early bird" vendors like Worlds Records or Red Lick.

      I have no business interest in any of these records, but would encourage you to buy them instead of any inferior productions on "cheapo" labels.

      Best wishes,

      Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15 3:07 AM
        on 15/3/05 8:44, Michael Rader at Rader.Michael@... wrote:

        > I thought you all might be interested to know that Frog records has just
        > released its first production since the passing of David French:
        > DGF56 Perry Bradford:I Ain’t Gonna Play No Second Fiddle. 25 tracks from
        > Bradford’s Jazz Phools, Gulf Coast Seven, Mary Jackson, Original Jazz Hounds,
        > Laura Smith and Perry Bradford & His Gang.
        >

        > I saw the first item advertised by Red Lick Records, but have also been told
        > it is available by John Capes, who writes notes for Frog's booklets. If you
        > are interested and have any difficulty in obtaining it, you can try Dawn
        > Leppard, who is now running the label, directly via their website
        > (www.frogrecords.co.uk).

        This is not yet listed on the website.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15 3:28 AM
          No, it isn't. The only place that lists it is Red Lick records (the new releases section on their web site), but as far as I know, Dawn Leppard is still selling Frog directly to customers. What I meant is that the e-mail address is still valid for orders and any correspondence.

          Best regards,