Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Duff Campbell's Revenge: Eddie Co ndon's Compositions

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2006
      Although I haven't heard several of these, the list does include a number of blues and other titles which look suspicoiusly familiar (no.1). No 7/8 (listed twice by ASCAP for some reason) has also been credited to Peck Kelley, but might well be public domain from Texas. "Oh Sister" is usually credited to Will Donaldson and Henry White. "Wherever There's Love" is a nice tune, co-written with Johnny DeVries. Maybe Condon inherited a streak of Irish sentimentality but he dis his best to hide it.

      Cheers,

      Michael Rader

      > According to the ASCAP data base, Eddie Condon wrote/co-wrote the
      > following tunes
      >
      > 1 . DE OLD ARK S A MOVERIN
      > (Title Code: 040006064)
      > 2 . DON'T TAKE ME BACK TO THE CHAIN GANG
      > (Title Code: 340664053)
      > 3 . EASTER JOY
      > (Title Code: 050000541)
      > 4 . EDDIE AND THE MILKMAN
      > (Title Code: 350059153)
      > 5 . FRIARS POINT SHUFFLE
      > (Title Code: 360069267)
      > 6 . HOME COOKING
      > (Title Code: 380063547)
      > 7 . IM GONNA STOMP MR HENRY LEE
      > (Title Code: 390110888)
      > 8 . IM GONNA STOMP MR HENRY LEE
      > (Title Code: 391859113)
      > 9 . IMPROMPTU ENSEMBLE
      > (Title Code: 390117381)
      > 10 . IMPROVISATION FOR THE MARCH
      > (Title Code: 390342315)
      > 11 . JAM SESSION BLUES
      > (Title Code: 100012148)
      > 12 . LITTLE BEN BLUES
      > (Title Code: 420226884)
      > 13 . LIZA
      > (Title Code: 120019569)
      > 14 . MAKIN FRIENDS
      > (Title Code: 130034998)
      > 15 . OH SISTER AINT THAT HOT
      > (Title Code: 450012405)
      > 16 . SILENT LOVE
      > (Title Code: 190015735)
      > 17 . THAT S A SERIOUS THING
      > (Title Code: 500035901)
      > 18 . WE CALLED IT MUSIC
      > (Title Code: 530210398)
      > 19 . WHEREVER THERES LOVE
      > (Title Code: 530069355)
      >
      > Albert
      >
      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Littlefield" <dwlit@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > At 10:14 PM 10/06/06 +0200, you wrote:
      > > >Yes indeed - old age creeping on me. You can recognise that I
      > wasn't sure
      > > >that Condon could compose anything, since I wrote "put together".
      > Murphy's
      > > >own recording on Verve of the tune is rather atypical (the whole
      > session, in
      > > >fact) for him, since it has string rather than brass bass.
      > > >Michael Rader
      > >
      > > Hi Michael. Condon is credited with composing "Liza" (not to be confused
      > > with Gershwin's tune) and "Wherever there's love".
      > >
      > > Wurst regards.
      > > --Sheik

      Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!