Duff Campbell's Revenge

  • silverleafjb
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
      Duff Campbell's Revenge was written by Turk Murphy, not by Eddie
      Condon. Condon recorded it for Columbia.

      The tune was dedicated to Turk's friend, Charlie Campbell, who is
      still alive, living in the Bay Area.

      Cheers,
      Chris Tyle
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
        Yes indeed - old age creeping on me. You can recognise that I wasn't sure that Condon could compose anything, since I wrote "put together". Murphy's own recording on Verve of the tune is rather atypical (the whole session, in fact) for him, since it has string rather than brass bass.
        Cheers,

      • David W. Littlefield
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
          At 10:14 PM 10/06/06 +0200, you wrote:
          >Yes indeed - old age creeping on me. You can recognise that I wasn't sure
          >that Condon could compose anything, since I wrote "put together". Murphy's
          >own recording on Verve of the tune is rather atypical (the whole session, in
          >fact) for him, since it has string rather than brass bass.
          >Michael Rader

          Hi Michael. Condon is credited with composing "Liza" (not to be confused
          with Gershwin's tune) and "Wherever there's love".

          Wurst regards.
          --Sheik
        • Albert Haim
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
            According to the ASCAP data base, Eddie Condon wrote/co-wrote the
            following tunes

            1 . DE OLD ARK S A MOVERIN
            (Title Code: 040006064)
            2 . DON'T TAKE ME BACK TO THE CHAIN GANG
            (Title Code: 340664053)
            3 . EASTER JOY
            (Title Code: 050000541)
            4 . EDDIE AND THE MILKMAN