Sidney Bechet photo "between 1938 and 1948"

  • Chris Tyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      I think I can date this a little closer. Photos from Bechet from 1944
      show him playing that particular white mouthpiece, which Bob Wilbur
      told me was an Arnold Brilhart. The other photos of him show him
      playing a different clarinet, whereas in this photo he's playing a
      Selmer. But I'd saw the photo is 1943-45.

      That may be Dave Bowman on piano. I don't know the trumpet player.

      Cheers,
      Chris Tyle