Re: [RedHotJazz] val salata

  • Robert Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2006
      Hello Bernice,

      I've found two recordings that I have with Val Salata (and three other trumpet players). They are Jack Teagarden's "Beale Street Blues" and "I Swung The Election" recorded in Los Angeles 1944-08-24. Let me know if you'd like me to put these on a CD "for research purposes".

      Kind Regards

      Bob Smith

    • bernice
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2008
        i joined this group some time ago- and things happened never came to
        visit again

        val salata or vladamir salata was my uncle. he died in france just
        after ww11 the circumstances were never really explained. he either
        jumped from a two story window- or was pushed- we will never know

        but on to his music

        he played with all the usual of his time, teagarden, i know for sure

        mamaybe the dorsey brothers and for a time had his own band.
        i know he played in las vegas too, the frontier?

        i found a picture of him some time ago on the web- so their must be
        music somewhere

        he was a trained classical pianst, but prefered boogie woogie over
        anything and he played the trumpet

        has any one heard of him?

        to find his music would be so great-

        regards to all

        bernice
      • Ron L
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2008
          Bernice,

          You might also want to join the 78 collectors list. Go to
          http://www.78online.com

          Ron L