Re: [RedHotJazz] Pops Foster

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2006
      There is an American Music CD (AM105), on which Foster is alone with Art Hodes and he recorded quartet sessions with Don Ewell, Darnell Howard and Minor Hall for Good Time Jazz in 1957. There are also latter-day trio recordings with Ray Burke and Hodes on Delmark. The Luis Russells of the 1920s are of course remarkably well recorded, but Foster is more exposed in the small-band context.

      Best regards,

      Michael Rader

      > What recordings can you recommend in which Pops Foster's special sound is
      > clearly heard?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Andrew Homzy, Montréal

      Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!
    • Andrew Homzy
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2006
        Thanks to all who have responded to my question.

        I now have the needed sound files.

        Of course, I hope there will be more discussion about early jazz bass
        players in general.

        Cheers,

        Andrew Homzy, Montréal