RE: Scott

  • Luis
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 26, 2006
      Sorry Scott. Rejected Again

      Luis

      Hi. This is the qmail-send program at smtp-02.arnet.com.ar.

      <scott@...>:
      Connected to 65.45.103.156 but sender was rejected.
      Remote host said: 550 200.45.191.22 does not pass SPF requirements for
      domain contijoch1@...

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 30, 2014
        From: Scott Alexander <scott@...>
        Subject: 1920s Jazz Musicans
        Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 20:33:26 -0700

        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
        CONTACT: Scott Alexander - (415) 431-6287

        Technoir announces The Red Hot Jazz Archive a comprehensive website
        devoted to Jazz before 1930.

        SAN FRANCISCO, CA., April 24th 1997 - Technoir is making available
        without cost a website devoted to Jazz before 1930 via the Internet.
        The site is the most complete Jazz archive on the web. Users can hear
        complete recordings and read hundreds of biographies of artists and
        bands from this era.

        The URL is:
        www.technoir.net/jazz

        The Red Hot Jazz Archive is loaded with features for the Jazz enthusiast
        as well as the casual music lover. Among the famous performers on the
        site are: Louis Armstrong, Bix Biederbecke, Duke Ellington, and Jelly
        Roll Morton. The Red Hot Jazz Archive also includes dozens of lesser
        known talents such as King Oliver, Johnny Dodds, Bennie Moten. The Red
        Hot Jazz Archive provides complete discographies along with thousands of
        recordings from the early years of Jazz, users can listen to this great
        music while reading hyperlinked biographies of musicians and bands. All
        songs are full length and available as streaming Real Audio 3 files, to
        avoid long download times.

        Unlike typical websites, The Red Hot Jazz Archive has a depth that
        rivals books, and audio recordings. The scope of this site is unrivaled
        on the Internet. Songs, artists and titles are all exhaustively
        cross-referenced and easy to use.

        Interested parties can visit the WWW site at www.technoir.net/jazz or
        contact Scott Alexander directly at:

        scott@...

        Technoir
        1540 Howard St.
        San Francisco, CA 94103-2525
        (415) 431-6287

      • Wouter Maréchal
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2014
          URL DOES NOT WORK!
          Wouter M.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 15, 2014
            Hi Wouter,
            of course it doesn't work, for it was a very early version of what later became the Red Hot Jazz website under its own domain name.

            On archive.org we can track the initial technoir domain back to 1997, later entries after 1999 all return an "Error 302":
            https://web.archive.org/web/19980515000000*/http://www.technoir.net/jazz

            The first 1997 / 1998 version looked like this, when archive.org's crawler saved it:
            https://web.archive.org/web/19981203092745/http://www.technoir.net/Jazz/
            (Dec. 5, 1998)

            The first site looks so beautifully innocent and humble, but at the same time really serious about everything!
            Mordechai: thanks a lot for leading us to nostalgia land by forwarding Scott's early (and meanwhile historic!) email.
            Love all of what later became of it!

            Best,
            Markus

            P.S.: already sent that reply on Sept 2, but seem to have used a wrong email address.
            I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird, sometimes this email client tends to make its own decisions.
            Apart from that: I'm very happy with that great MS Outlook alternative.

              Message 7 of 11 , Sep 18, 2014
                Hurrm (reference to Watchmen),

                Good detective work, Chuck et al.

                Of course Scott's already proven his intelligence/ability, which means he can hopefully contact the List (probably Patrice) any time he wants to.

                I'm sure he appreciates our appreciation and interest, but I for one wouldn't be comfortable sending him a LinkedIn request!

                [not that Chuck Bihun suggested anyone do so]
                - Andrew

                From: Scott Alexander <scott@...>
                Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 20:33:26 -0700

                FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                CONTACT: Scott Alexander - (415) 431-6287

                Technoir announces The Red Hot Jazz Archive a comprehensive website
                devoted to Jazz before 1930.

                SAN FRANCISCO, CA., April 24th 1997 - Technoir is making available

                --
                Andrew Taylor, MLS
                Associate Curator, Visual Resources
                Message 8 of 11 , Oct 3, 2014
                  Hello!

                  Despite my very long inactivity in this group, I just wondered if
                  someone had an idea about what happened with the Mellotone Records
                  run by Ned Newitt? I used buying all of his CDs, but my last contact
                  with him goes back to about 2005 and when I was looking for the
                  Mellotone Records webpage recently, I couldn't find it anymore...
                  Thanks in advance!

                  Have a nice evening / day.

                  Cheers,

                  Pavel
                • Wallerism
                  Message 9 of 11 , Oct 4, 2014
                    Hi Pavel,

                    according to archive.org: last time that Mellotone's website was found active
                    was on May 17, 2014.

                    All years:
                    https://web.archive.org/web/20140415000000*/http://www.mellotonerecords.com/
                    May 17, 2014:
                    https://web.archive.org/web/20140517190552/http://mellotonerecords.com/

                    It looks as if the webite's registered domain will expire on March 3, 2015.
                    Same with his other domain citizensofswing.com, it looks as if it was hosted
                    by the same company, similar error page.

                    All years:
                    https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.citizensofswing.com/
                    May 17, 2014:
                    https://web.archive.org/web/20140517052612/http://citizensofswing.com/
                    This one is currently set to expire on March 28, 2015 (regged via tucows).

                    Perhaps you can contact Mr. Ned Newitt via LinkedIn:
                    http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/ned-newitt/53/a30/865

                    Let's hope that nothing bad has happened to him.

                    Best wishes,
                    Markus

                    --

                    Am 03.10.2014 um 18:36 schrieb Pavel Pitra Pavel.Pitra@...