RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: George's Clarinet was Picou's Clarinet

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
      Many thanks Chris & Jim

      It sent me back to the sleeve of the orig. GTJ issue of the Jazz Mans :-

      'George got out the worst beat-up, wired together, rubber-band-action
      clarinet I've ever seen. The keys were loose, one was missing entirely and
      the octave key was a ball of hardened chewing gum. --- I remembered passing
      a Hock Shop on the way to George's. --- I waltzed out and bought two Boehm
      system clarinets and offered them to him.The one he turned down I still
      have. With the solid and complete horn he really wailed !'

      David Stuart -- May 24 1962. ( 20 years after the event )

      Hillman's Bunk refers only to George playing an unfamiliar instrument --
      not that it was a Boehm.

      Anybody have the Bethell George ?