Edwin J. McEnelly's Orchestra - 1 New Article - 9 Songs Ad ded

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2005
      Bryan Wright has been kind enough to contribute an article about Edwin J.
      McEnelly's Orchestra as well as 9 songs from his recent CD re-issue of the
      band's complete recorded output. You can access this information here:
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/mcenelly.html

      I must confess that I had never heard of McEnelly's Orchestra but I was
      quite impressed by the wonderful arrangements and tight playing on these
      recordings. If you have the time I encourage you to listen to all nine of
      the recordings because there are a lot of imaginative and fun playing tucked
      away in every performance. Bryan says this favorite of this batch is "Take
      Your Tomorrow", my personal favorite is "I Like Pie, I Like Cake" with
      vocals by Billy Murray.

      If you interested in obtaining the CD of Edwin J. McEnelly's Orchestra -
      Complete Recordings in Chronological Order - 1925-1929 you can do so
      directly from Rivermont Records. The CD includes a 20-page booklet with a
      more detailed history of the band, a full discography with notes on each
      recording, and over a dozen rare photos. http://www.rivermontrecords.com/

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com