Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Live365 Ragtime

  • Fritz Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 3:39 AM
      My thanks to you for informing me of your station, I shall surely visit soon. I am particularly enamoured with the old timers. At 75 yrs old I never thought I would hear the music that enlivened my home when I was a child.

      Fred Muller

      Bryan Wright <bryan@...> wrote:
      Thanks, Fred, for pointing out ragtime on Live365. While you're at
      it, you might also want to check out my own ragtime station on
      Live365, "Elite Syncopations." I update the station with fresh tracks
      at the start of every month (next update will be tonight), and I
      feature a variety of ragtime recordings spanning the past century. I
      try to include a healthy dose of "period" ragtime recordings (from
      cylinders and 78 rpm records of the 1890s-1950s) featuring everyone
      from Fats Waller, Jelly Roll Morton, James P. Johnson, Frank Banta,
      Willie Eckstein, Roy Bargy, Rube Bloom, Arthur Schutt, etc. as well
      as more modern ragtime recordings by all the well-known ragtimers
      (Max Morath, Morten Gunnar Larsen, Joshua Rifkin, Trebor Tichenor,
      and others) and many lesser-known "independent" ragtime artists. In
      addition, every Tuesday night from 8-10 PM (Eastern Time), I host a
      "live" show taking requests and playing a mix of ragtime, traditional
      jazz, 1920s dance bands, and a few related surprises.

      You can tune in Elite Syncopations through the station's website:

      http://www.ragtimeradio.org

      or directly at Live365:

      http://www.live365.com/stations/bixvenuti

      Enjoy!