Re: [RedHotJazz] "I Cover The Waterfront" was (New Stuff On The Site)

  • Robert Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2006
      Yes, Ron, it sounds like the recording was made from a damaged original, there being several skips from about 1:45 to the end. If the owner can re-record this tune either by improving the arm tracking or slightly increasing the pickup weight it would be appreciated. I usually increase the weight by 1 gram for 78's and a ½ gram for LP's. The clicks can then be removed by a suitable editing program (I use Audacity).

      However, this said, the Red Hot Jazz Archive is still my number 1 favourite on the Internet, where else can one hear such a range of older jazz?

      Cheers

      Bob Smith