Lyrics of Papa de da da

  • bjoist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2006
      Hello everybody,
      may I introduce myself directly from Germany as an active old time
      banjo player who's heart is still in the real old time jazz,
      particularly Johnny St. Cyr. Since English is not my mother tongue I am
      looking for some help in lyrics. This time I'm after the words of "Papa
      de da da" as sung by Virginia Liston in a Clarence Williams recording
      which can be heard at redhotjazz.com. Louis Armstrong restricts himself
      mainly to the chorus.
      Thanks for helping!
      Christian Klempnow