FW: [RedHotJazz] A Tall Story was Benny Green (was Bixing )

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2006
      As this hasn't come back to me (or David) I suspect I need to repeat it. If
      anyone did get it, sorry.

      (This is the second time in three days. Any idea why, Patrice?)

      ----------
      From: Howard Rye <howard@...>
      Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:33:47 +0100
      To: <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] A Tall Story was Benny Green (was Bixing )

      > Sam's brother, George, is new to me and I raise an eyebrow. How do we place
      > him on the Motens ?
      >
      > Could not he be there as the most likely candidate in a Sam driven hunt ?

      The only evidence I have is that he joined the union at the same time as
      other members of the band. Haddix seems clear on the point.

      However Jazz Information paragraph 532 in Jazz Journal for October 1971
      cites an article by Dave Dexter Jr. in 1 January 1941 Down Beat, which is
      long before Sinclair's invention (but may have been seen by Sinclair and
      stuck incompletely in his memory).