Re: Since you went away

  • Albert Haim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 11:21 AM
      That was Jimmy McPartland, who was one of the many Bix admirers in the
      1920s. Jimmy memorized all of Bix's solos in his records with the
      Wolverines. When Bix left the Wolverines in Oct 1924 and was replaced
      by Jimmy, he fitted right in. When Jimmy went to New York to join the
      Wolverines, he roomed with Bix. Jimmy kept his friendship with Bix to
      the end of Bix's short life.

      Albert