RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Louis Hooper (was Chas. Thomas)

    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 1, 2006
      Howard.

      Many thanks again for your input, both profound and entertaining, on this
      and other matter.

      But the previous Hooper thread involved only the 'Five Musical Blackbirds'
      and nothing else is filed in the group archive.

      The Hooper article is in Record Research 77 and it would be nice to know if
      he mentions the Rosas with the supposed Big Charlie. However, my guess
      would be that this path has already been beaten.

      Only when you get a moment for I think even you may have concerns away from
      the turntable today. Me too, but Wimbledon not Wembley -- or wherever it
      is.

      All the best

      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 2, 2006
        on 2/7/06 9:22, Prof_Hi_Jinx at prof_hi_jinx@... wrote:

        > Louella Jones - masters 5695-6
        >
        > (The 1982 B&GR gave Miley as cornetist for Louella Jones' session.)

        and still does. This may be an oversight or it may be a judgment!