ADMIN: Virus Alert: was Re: New Graphic Site

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2006
      Sorry about the reminders, I do not blame personal warning about
      a suspicious subject line but I feel compelled to make things clear for the
      whole group again :
      - virus alerts must not be sent to the group, because most of them are
      hoaxes or include wrong information. In this case, I certify that there is
      no such thing as a 'Yahoo virus'.
      - robots can impersonate a member's address (I have recorded three
      cases since1999, on about forty active groups) but nothing proves that
      the alleged 'sender', his address book, or his computer are responsible for
      this.
      - running an efficient (this means recent and daily updated) antivirus is
      part of the permanent advice all internet users should keep in mind, even if
      they do not subscribe to any mailing-list.
      - faked addresses can be used to send *private* mail with suspicious
      attached files (that goes for people who accept to be added to someone's
      private address book and receive collective mail, a dangerous and unfriendly
      practice IMO),
      but HTML removal in Yahoo groups is 100% efficient. Even if you choose
      Yahoo's new email 'improvement' with their own HTML layout, no harmful
      code from the sender can go through (this is the meaning of "Non-text
      portions of this message have been removed")

      To sum it up once again : no virus can reach you through this group's
      messages.

      Patrice

      redhotjazz-owner@yahoogroups.com