Re: FROG RECORDS REVIVAL

  • Fredamhran@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2005
      Regarding the above, and Michael Rader's understandable reluctance to bother
      Dawn Franech, I've just opened up the Red Lick Just In page
      (_http://www.redlickrecords.co.uk/just_in.asp_ (http://www.redlickrecords.co.uk/just_in.asp) ),
      to find a large announcement proclaiming the news that "FROG CDS ARE BACK.
      It is followed by what looks like the entire Frog, Cygnet and Gannet catalogue.

      Splendid news indeed,

      Fred McCormick.

      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:34:48 +0000
      From: Howard Rye <howard@...>
      Subject: FW: FROG RECORDS REVIVAL

      on 10/1/05 8:17, Michael Rader at Rader.Michael@... wrote:

      > Frog also had a Perry Bradford CD scheduled as one of their next releases,
      but
      > since David French is no longer among us, it's difficult to ascertain
      whether
      > it will see the light of day - maybe Howard Rye would know.

      I thought this had been forwarded to this group already, but here it is
      again. This is all I know at the moment.

      ----------
      From: "David French" <frogrecords@...>
      Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:09:47 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

      Subject: FROG RECORDS REVIVAL

      Following the recent deaths of David and my sister, FROG RECORDS is now out
      of hibernation, though perhaps not quite hopping yet! Please bear with us.
      If you have urgent requests outstanding, please now send me an e-mail at the
      same e-mail address. DGF55 Earl Hines is now available.

      Meantime, I hope to hear from you in the New Year and I wish you all the
      peace of Christmas and for me, better luck in 2005. Dawn Leppard

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2005
        I contacted Mark Berresford of Vintage Jazz Mart about Frog, since he has been involved in several of their productions. He told me that Dawn wishes to keep Frog in operation, but that David French had not left a will so that legal matters have to be sorted out before there can be any new releases.
        Best wishes,

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2005
          on 11/1/05 18:29, Fredamhran@... at Fredamhran@... wrote:

          > Regarding the above, and Michael Rader's understandable reluctance to bother
          > Dawn Franech, I've just opened up the Red Lick Just In page
          > (_http://www.redlickrecords.co.uk/just_in.asp_
          > (http://www.redlickrecords.co.uk/just_in.asp) ),
          > to find a large announcement proclaiming the news that "FROG CDS ARE BACK.
          > It is followed by what looks like the entire Frog, Cygnet and Gannet
          > catalogue.
          >
          > Splendid news indeed,
          >
          > Fred McCormick.

          But the question is whether there are going to be any new issues, and I'm
          certainly not willing to start lobbying anyone involved just yet!