Ben Bernie and All The Lads Phonofilm

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2006
      Dennis Pereyra has contributed a nice article with film clips to the Red
      Hot Jazz Archive. The article is about the 1924 or 1925 DeForest
      Phonofilm featuring Ben Bernie and His Orchestra. This film features the
      first jazz solo on film.

      Here's the link:
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/berniephonofilm.html

      Thanks Dennis and thank you to all of you on this list who contributed
      to identification the songs.

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com
    • Albert Haim
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
        Great stuff! Thanks to Dennis and to you.

        One minor correction: Chaplin sang "Titina" in the film "Modern Times."

        For an excellent article about the life and scientific achievements of
        Lee De Forest, take a look at

        http://chem.ch.huji.ac.il/~eugeniik/history/deforest.htm

        Albert

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Scott Alexander <scott@...> wrote:

        > Dennis Pereyra has contributed a nice article with film clips to the
        Red
        > Hot Jazz Archive. The article is about the 1924 or 1925 DeForest
        > Phonofilm featuring Ben Bernie and His Orchestra. This film features
        the
        > first jazz solo on film.
        >
        > Here's the link:
        > http://www.redhotjazz.com/berniephonofilm.html
        >
        > Thanks Dennis and thank you to all of you on this list who contributed
        > to identification the songs.
        >
        > Scott Alexander
        > The Red Hot Jazz Archive
        > www.redhotjazz.com

      • Scott Alexander
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
          Thanks for the correction. I've made the change on the page.

          Scott Alexander
          The Red Hot Jazz Archive
          www.redhotjazz.com

        • tobinpreston@netscape.net