cd-r problems

  • canton belanger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2006
      hi everyone i would like to know how i can burn on to a cd some of the
      wonderous songs and music i found on this site cause i love this and
      want to take it with me everywhere i have windows media and real player
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2006
        From: "canton belanger"

        > hi everyone i would like to know how i can burn on to a cd some of the
        > wonderous songs and music i found on this site cause i love this and
        > want to take it with me everywhere i have windows media and real player

        The short answer would be that the Archives are not meant for that.
        You still can, if you like doing things the hard way and are not too
        demanding on the sound quality (it is no secret that some were recorded
        inside a submarine, you can hear the propellor in the background;-)
        There is no way to directly transfer the files themselves, all you can do is
        grab the sound as if you were recording a radio program onto a cassette. You
        must use a program like Audacity, which is free, and set the input to "what
        U hear" or "stereo mix" or whatever. According to the soundcard you have,
        setting the recording level can be very tricky because raising the output
        level can affect the input as well! Also turn off any funny noise that
        Windows is likely to make while you're recording, like when you receive mail
        or click on webpages.
        You can choose to record each song separately, with a lot of blank at the
        beginning because you never know when the .ra file will start playing, or
        write a long continuous file including all the songs you wish to keep.
        They'll have to be turned into individual files anyway, which you can do the
        hard way by cutting and saving each number in your sound editing program, or
        automatically if you've got something like Nero7 premium. Then the burning
        process can start, any prog will do as long as you have saved the files as
        stereo 44100Hz .wav.
        Every time I had finished the process of recording, editing, cleaning and
        burning some of Scott's file, I ended up buying a commercial release because
        I had become so fond of the music, after spending so much time on it, that I
        definitely needed a properly remastered copy ;)

        Have fun!