Re: [RedHotJazz] RHJ Whiteman page

  • Leif R. Blom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
      Patrice Champarou <patrice.champarou@...> wrote: Scott or anyone who knows

      I am on the Whiteman page http://www.redhotjazz.com/pwo.html trying to match
      some obscure sides with my (and everyone's) uncomplete Rust discography, I
      cannot get the meaning of your (1), (2), (3) etc. up to (8), where are the
      notes I probably failed to read?

      Thanks,

      Patrice

      Is this the simple answer ?

      I think every keen reader of and listener to the Archive has noticed that the figures tells the "take" that was issued.
      For instance "Charleston" on Victor has a number (8),
      which means that it was the 8th take that was issued.
      Whiteman could afford that and he was ambitious.
      One can check it at "The online Discographical project."
      The notes ( at Whiteman) has a * which in this case says that a take was not issued until it was on LP or EP.

      yarel41

      Jazz music Jazz Jazz music online Jazz music theory Jazz music cd Jazz music for wedding

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        > Is this the simple answer ?
        >
        > I think every keen reader of and listener to the Archive has noticed that
        > the figures tells the "take" that was issued.

        *that* simple? Sorry, in some cases it didn't match Rust at all so I
        honestly wondered if it could be something else.

        P.