Some Hustling This! - Taking Jazz to the World, 1914-1929 byMark Miller

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006
      I wanted to draw your attention to an important new book called "Some
      Hustling This! - Taking Jazz to the World" by Mark Miller.

      The book is a chronicle of early jazz musicians who played outside the
      United States circa 1914-1929. It covers musicians such as Louis
      Mitchell, Billy Arnold, Sidney Bechet, Arthur Briggs, Jack Carter, James
      Reese Europe, Jelly Roll Morton, Benny Peyton, Hughes Pollard, Danny
      Polo, Valada Snow, Dave Tough, Teddy Weatherford, Frank Withers, Sam
      Wooding as well as a lot of obscure bands.

      Hustle over and order a copy of it here:
      http://www.themercurypress.ca/nonfiction/SomeHustling.html

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com