Re: Clean sound of 78s

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2006
      What I was thinking is that by re-producing the original environment
      of the same studio that recorded the masters, and by recording some
      sounds and see what the result and analyzing the results it can provide a
      method to reverse the mastered recordings back to the original sound.

      I don't know wether such research has been done, when I wrote about it
      I assumed there is but on second thought after reading what people
      said especially the interesting post by Albert it was like a hint to
      me that such researching process had never been established , I guess
      it's probably due to uninterest of the public in such. However, my
      guess is that one day someone will have the need to do it, not
      nessesserily because of music. Then, we will be able to hear how it
      sounded , or something closer than ever.

      [this is a correction to a previous post]
      tommersl