Pratt City

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2004
      One of the questions about the red hot jazz archives I might ask here
      concerns Bertha Hill. The "second" version of Pratt City Blues (Vo 1406) is
      obviously the 1926 one, played at a different speed. I haven't got the
      document CD so I wondered if this was a mistake or if Vocalion had merely
      reissued the old take - and if such was the case, was there actually another
      one recorded in 1929 with Frankie Jaxon?

      Patrice
    • Scott Alexander
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2004
        Patrice,
        I'll need to check my source material. I don't believe used the Document CD
        as the source. I'll investigate...

        Scott Alexander
        The Red Hot Jazz Archive
        www.redhotjazz.com