Re: [RedHotJazz] Lil Armstrong - Interview / Documentary

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2004
      This recording is from a Riverside LP:
      RLP 12 120 Satchmo and Me / Lil Armstrong a Documentary which came out in
      1963 or 1964.

      I don't have access to the original. I was bidding on it on eBay a few years
      ago and lost. It sold for around $70 if I remember correctly. The seller
      recognized that I was a losing bidder and sent me a copy on tape for free
      for the archive.

      I don't know who the announcer is. His tone is a little 1950's man and
      overly dramatic but I think Lil's stories overshadow all that.

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com