Re: [RedHotJazz] Vincent Lopez Cas Lopez Orchestra - 7 Songs Added

  • Andrew Homzy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
      What a wonderful, diverse arrangement this is. Full of very sophisticated
      orchestral colors, harmonic variations, rubato & tempo changes.

      Who could play this so well today?

      Alexander's Ragtime Band
      (Irving Berlin) 5-11-1928 New York, New York Brunswick
      20066

      At 4:40 wouldn't this be a 12" disc?

      Cheers,

      Andrew Homzy, Montréal

      > From: Scott Alexander <scott@...>
      > Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:24:09 -0800
      > To: RedHotJazz <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [RedHotJazz] Vincent Lopez Cas Lopez Orchestra - 7 Songs Added
      >

      > Hear them here:
      > http://www.redhotjazz.com/vlpzclo.html
      >

      > Thanks To Marshall Philyaw For These Songs!
      >
      > Scott Alexander
      > The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      > www.redhotjazz.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Scott Alexander
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
        Yes, it's a 12" disk. I was also impressed by the arrangement and
        performances. I can hear why he was considered to be Paul Whiteman's main
        rival at the time.

        Scott Alexander
        The Red Hot Jazz Archive
        www.redhotjazz.com

        What a wonderful, diverse arrangement this is. Full of very sophisticated
        orchestral colors, harmonic variations, rubato & tempo changes.

        Who could play this so well today?

        Alexander's Ragtime Band
        (Irving Berlin) 5-11-1928 New York, New York Brunswick
        20066

        At 4:40 wouldn't this be a 12" disc?

        Cheers,

        Andrew Homzy, Montréal

        > From: Scott Alexander <scott@...>
        > Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:24:09 -0800
        > To: RedHotJazz <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [RedHotJazz] Vincent Lopez Cas Lopez Orchestra - 7 Songs Added
        >

        > Hear them here:
        > http://www.redhotjazz.com/vlpzclo.html
        >

        > Thanks To Marshall Philyaw For These Songs!
        >
        > Scott Alexander
        > The Red Hot Jazz Archive
        > www.redhotjazz.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links