Vincent Lopez Cas Lopez Orchestra - 7 Songs Added

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
      Hear them here:
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/vlpzclo.html

      Thanks To Marshall Philyaw For These Songs!

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com
    • Andrew Homzy
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
        What a wonderful, diverse arrangement this is. Full of very sophisticated
        orchestral colors, harmonic variations, rubato & tempo changes.

        Who could play this so well today?

        Alexander's Ragtime Band
        (Irving Berlin) 5-11-1928 New York, New York Brunswick
        20066

        At 4:40 wouldn't this be a 12" disc?

        Cheers,

        Andrew Homzy, Montréal

        > From: Scott Alexander <scott@...>
        > Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:24:09 -0800
        > To: RedHotJazz <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [RedHotJazz] Vincent Lopez Cas Lopez Orchestra - 7 Songs Added
        >

        > Hear them here:
        > http://www.redhotjazz.com/vlpzclo.html
        >

        > Thanks To Marshall Philyaw For These Songs!
        >
        > Scott Alexander
        > The Red Hot Jazz Archive
        > www.redhotjazz.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Scott Alexander
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
          Yes, it's a 12" disk. I was also impressed by the arrangement and
          performances. I can hear why he was considered to be Paul Whiteman's main
          rival at the time.

          Scott Alexander
          The Red Hot Jazz Archive
          www.redhotjazz.com

          What a wonderful, diverse arrangement this is. Full of very sophisticated
          orchestral colors, harmonic variations, rubato & tempo changes.

          Who could play this so well today?

          Alexander's Ragtime Band
          (Irving Berlin) 5-11-1928 New York, New York Brunswick
          20066

          At 4:40 wouldn't this be a 12" disc?

          Cheers,

          Andrew Homzy, Montréal

          > From: Scott Alexander <scott@...>
          > Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:24:09 -0800
          > To: RedHotJazz <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [RedHotJazz] Vincent Lopez Cas Lopez Orchestra - 7 Songs Added
          >

          > Hear them here:
          > http://www.redhotjazz.com/vlpzclo.html
          >

          > Thanks To Marshall Philyaw For These Songs!
          >
          > Scott Alexander
          > The Red Hot Jazz Archive
          > www.redhotjazz.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links