Jazz without New Orleans (was Re: New Orleans)

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 61 , May 3, 2006
      The question makes me think about someone like W.C. Handy who wasn't
      born into Blues but learnt about it after he already had a classical
      music background. However , his music is more Jazz than the
      traditional Blues that inspired Handy (the Delta Blues as instance).
      It makes me think wether the Jazz was something that was going to
      happen regardless of the New Orleans connection.
      tommersl
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Patrice Champarou"
      <patrice.champarou@...> wrote:
      Anyway, why New Orleans more
      > than St Louis, Baltimore, Chicago or New York?
    • Nigel Burlinson
      Message 61 of 61 , Oct 17, 2012
        Annette was issued as "Dot Dare" on:

        Diva 2792/Harmony 792H (I Wanna Be Loved By You & Is There Anything Wrong In That?)
        and
        Diva 2829/Harmony 829H (I Faw Down An' Go Boom) & Don't Be Like That)

        Nigel