RE: [RedHotJazz] Did Whiteman Steal form Oliver? ("Singin' the Blues, Bix, and Tram" More Ab...

  • Jeffrey Jastram
    Message 1 of 44 , May 1 9:52 AM
      Thank you, Albert, for having the moxie to take what, in many circles, will
      be considered an errant opinion.

      Whiteman was a relatively popular and financially successful musician
      /entrepreneur ... and an unabashed self-promoter. But, his contribution to
      the (jazz?) music of his time should not be dismissed.

      Jeff.

      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 2, 2006
        > Maybe you are right but I wonder how Oliver could listen to Whiteman,
        > I mean , was he allowed to enter a record store that is dedicated to
        > noncolored artists music and buy records ? Or maybe he entered one of
        > Whiteman's gigs ? Is it possible ?
        > tommersl

        Everybody bought Paul Whiteman records.

        A.