Hedley Ward Trio : Jack Mckechnie

  • ronaldaroo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2004
      Any info/photos/reminiscences etc of early jazz guitarist (prewar)
      and later guitarist with the Hedley Ward Trio Jack Mckechnie.Any
      info/photos/reminiscences etc of his jazz playing while in the Army
      in Belgium.
      Thanking you in anticipation for your help.
      Ronald John Saunders
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2004
        Hello Ronald

        I made a Google search as soon as I got your registration (apparenly Yahoo
        now requires everybody to introduce himself!) but alI could find is a
        collection of forums where you have already asked the question ;)

        I still have no idea who Jack McKenchie might be, perhaps it would
        help if you gave us some of the information you've already got, explained
        where you've already been looking etc.
        For example, if you think he happened to play in Belgium, have you tried
        La Maison du Jazz in Liège?
        http://www.liege.be/visitelg/musees/noncommu/jazz.htm
        I suppose you could directly ask Jean-Pol Schroeder jazz@... ,
        he's a very helpful guy, but does not always think of replying... if you
        fail,
        I've got close contacts over there who might remind him ;) And if you can go
        to Liège yourself, they'll probably let you access their archives, when I
        went
        looking for some AFBF-related material I had free use of the photocopy
        machine, they even offered me a cup of coffe!